I finished sewing my Bettine dress!
I made a few alterations to the pattern, including a full bust adjustment. I included a bit more information about the changes in my previous post.
Overall, I think this is a great pattern. The only minor comments I would have is that my neckline gapes a little, and I find there is a bit too much ‘blousiness’ in the bodice- I will shorten it in future.
Although I’d read that double gauze can be translucent, I thought I’d be alright because the double gauze I bought from the same supplier before was solid. All I can say is, white makes fools of us all!
I think the biggest issue is likely to be that the fabric creases quite badly. I’m just going to have to live with that as I seldom iron when I’m not sewing!
Pattern: Bettine by Tilly and the Buttons
Fabric: 3m double gauze, 108cm wide