I started making these mitts as a HPKCHC Quidditch project ages ago. I ran out of black yarn mere yards before the finish line and promptly lost interest.

However, I had a little black yarn left over from my beater headband and remembered these cuties.

The first glove was a bit big for me so I decided to decrease some stitches just before the black ribbing. This improved the fit quite a lot, so while I was on a roll knitting in my local park, I unravelled the ribbing on the first glove and re-knit that smaller too.


I carried the black yarn up the stripes to save on ends. There were still a fair few to do, but it wasn’t too bad.

Pattern: Simple Fingerless Mitts (free pattern!)

Yarn: Various scraps (mostly acrylic DK, some sock held double) from my stash

Needle: 3.5mm DPNs

Ravelry project page

Advertisements