This week I finally finished making a knitted toy elephant I started working on  a while ago with the yarn I had left over from the first pair of socks I ever made. This is as far as I got.

The problem was the ears, which the pattern instructs to crochet. I found this a bit of a stumbling block. In between putting the elephant down and learning to crochet, I managed to lose or throw away the remaining yarn, so I had to improvise. I did a few practice ears trying out weights of yarn.

The one on the right was done with the yarn held double. I then decided that I would prefer green to pink ears. Also I think I have laid the ears backwards in this pic. Oops.  I did this project as part of the HPKCHC Headmistress Challenge, which had a garden theme and so I took the finished pictures in my pumpkin patch.

       

Advertisements