Thursday was day two of the Cigarette Pants workshop at Sew Over It. I wrote about day one here. Again, I really enjoyed it and the three hours flew. This week focused on making the front of the trousers, which included pocket construction, sewing the fly and a butt load of overlocking.
I didn’t take many pictures because I was so busy sewing. Here are all my prepared pocket facings.
…and here is the completed front part of the trousers.
Pretty fly for a white guy!
My first ever fly, and actually my first ever independent zip insertion. Mum has lost her zip foot, which is part of the reason I normally let her do them.
There’s a lot to finish next week. As well as the final fitting and construction, there is a lot of work to be done on the waistband.
I fall a little bit more in love with the colour of my fabric every week and I can’t wait to get these babies finished.