I finally got to see the finished version of the card that the University of Essex made with my design for their thesis competition. With no further ado…

Thesis card papercut side

Unfortunately they didn’t airbrush out some of the little mistakes I made, but I guess it proves that I really made it myself. Looking back at my papercut posts, I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made since I first picked up a scalpel a few months ago. Also the beautiful blue of the background doesn’t look that good. They kindly returned the original to me, so I will see if I can get a picture that is more true to colour.

Here is the reverse of the card, which is slightly less exciting (but does namecheck me). I’m not sure how I feel about the fact that this may be the only publication that comes out of my doctorate…

Thesis card reverse

It’s nice to think of these going out to all of the shellshocked and baffled people who somehow find themselves in Colchester handing over their brain babies.

Advertisements