Last week I posted the sketch of my design for these convertible gloves. In one of my frequent fits of chronological optimism, I had hoped to have these finished on Sunday as part of my Order of the Phoenix mission for the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup. This is where I managed to get.

This is glove one so I’m not even close! I changed a few elements of the design as I knit, especially after reading a very interesting article about selecting shades for colour work by the inspirational Jared Flood. Right now I’m not 100% in love with how these are looking so I think I’ll finish the thumb and leave them to hibernate for a few weeks.
Here are a few process pics. I do love the method for lining the glove, it’s very clever and neat even if it did almost cause my head to explode.