Ah, February. Month of shit weather, broken promises and a third thing, because a list should always contain three things. Why don’t you distract yourself from the ongoing misery of existence with these cupcakes?
The amaretto cupcakes smell amazing throughout the cooking process too.
- 75g amaretto biscuits
- 100g salted butter
- 75g muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75g self-raising flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
Makes 10-12 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan). Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Crush your biscuits. I used the end of a rolling pin.
- Cream the crushed biscuits together with the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
Divide among your paper cases and bake for 15-20 mins, until cake passes the toothpick test.
Remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar.
Spread about a tablespoon on top of each cake and the decorate artfully with raspberries.