I’ve had a minor obsession with cupcakes for the past few weeks so when an opportunity to bake came up I knew I had to try these Ferrero Rocher inspired beauties. This is a great way to take your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe and kick it up a notch.
Makes 16 cupcakes
I used this delicious cupcake recipe as the base.
For the filling
- 16 whole hazelnuts
- 200ml jar of Nutella
For the ganache topping
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 250g chocolate, finely chopped- I used a 200g bar of whole nut (picked out the hazels for the filling) plus 50g 85% cocoa chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Once your chocolate cupcakes are cool, use a teaspoon to cut out the centres.
- Add a generous teaspoon of Nutella and pop a hazelnut in the centre.
- Make your ganache by bringing the cream to a boil, pouring over your finely chopped chocolate and stirring until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped hazels
- Add about a tablespooon of ganache to the top of each cupcake.
Ambassador, with these cupcakes you are really spoiling us.