More baking escapades! I’ve got some other projects up my (hand-knitted) sleeve though, so fret not. This is a very basic recipe that makes about x scones, all ready to be smothered in jam and clotted cream and fulfil their destiny of making someone very, very happy indeed. I’m sorry that the picture doesn’t wholly convey that.
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 50g/2oz butter
- 25g/1oz sugar
- 150ml/5fl.oz milk
- Heat oven to 220C(200C fan)
- Grease baking sheet
- Mix flour and salt together, then rub in butter.
- Stir in sugar, then add milk. Start with half, then add enough to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Pat out to a round 2cm thick.
- Cut out rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minds, until well risen and golden.